Thank you for your interest in becoming a blood donor! You probably have some questions and we’re here to help.
Why Donate Blood?
Your community needs you.
Every three seconds someone in the United States needs blood. Kentucky Blood Center needs 400 donors per day to provide life-saving treatment to local patients at 70+ Kentucky and Kentuckiana hospitals. With a single donation, you can save multiple lives.
For a local patient, possibly even your neighbor, your blood donation could mean:
- a transfusion for someone with a life-threatening condition such as sickle-cell anemia;
- emergency treatment for a major trauma;
- a second chance at life for a child in critical condition;
- advanced surgical options for a high-risk patient;
- stronger immunity for a cancer patient undergoing chemotherapy
Why Donate with Kentucky Blood Center?
- Kentucky Blood Center is a non-profit, independent community blood center not affiliated with any other blood bank. Unlike other blood banks in Kentucky that send blood out of state, blood donated with KBC stays in Kentucky for local patients in Kentucky hospitals.
- KBC serves 70 hospitals in Kentucky and Southern Indiana and provides blood services in more than 90 Kentucky counties.
- When you donate blood with KBC, you have a chance to save a neighbor.
- We have two convenient Louisville locations and are open six days a week. Find out more here!