If you are a recovered COVID-19 Patient wishing to donate plasma, please click here.
Are Blood Donation Sites Safe to Visit?
YES! Blood donation is an essential medical service and therefore, blood drives are not considered a mass gathering. As a healthcare organization, safety is our top priority!
- Kentucky Blood Center team members are reporting to work only if they are feeling well and healthy and do not have an elevated temperature.
- Please do not attempt to donate blood if you are awaiting COVID-19 diagnostic test results due to exhibiting symptoms or suspected or known exposure.
- Only healthy volunteers can be blood donors! To see more about eligibility related to Coronavirus, review this document.
- We encourage blood donors to complete their health history questionnaire online before coming to the donor center by using QuickPass at kybloodcenter.org (on the day of donation). This reduces the donor’s time on-site and allows them to use a personal device.
- Hand sanitizer is available at every blood donation site.
- Blood donation appointments are encouraged to help us manage the number of individuals at donation sites.
- Per state guidelines, donors and team members are required to wear masks. Donors must remove their masks for specific portions of the donation process.
- We use only prepackaged snacks for donor refreshments.
- Social distancing is important and all of our blood donation environments have taken additional measures to increase space between donors during the donation process.
- Team members disinfect donor beds and other surfaces between every donation.
- All blood donation sites follow stringent cleaning and disinfection schedules for all equipment as well as commonly touched surfaces.
- Good hygiene practices are required by all KBC team members and visitors.
The need for blood does not stop.
SCHEDULE YOUR LIFESAVING APPOINTMENT TODAY!
Please bring photo ID and complete QuickPass online!