Are Blood Donation Sites Safe to Visit?
YES! Blood donation is an essential medical service and therefore, blood drives are not considered a mass gathering. As a healthcare organization, safety is our top priority!
- Kentucky Blood Center team members are reporting to work only if they are feeling well and healthy and do not have an elevated temperature.
- Please do not attempt to donate blood if you are awaiting COVID-19 diagnostic test results due to exhibiting symptoms or suspected or known exposure.
- Only healthy volunteers can be blood donors! To see more about eligibility related to Coronavirus, review this document.
- We encourage blood donors to complete their health history questionnaire online before coming to the donor center by using QuickPass at kybloodcenter.org (on the day of donation). This reduces the donor’s time on-site and allows them to use a personal device.
- Hand sanitizer is available at every blood donation site.
- Blood donation appointments are preferred to help us manage the number of individuals at donation sites.
- Masks required for unvaccinated donors and all visitors.
- We use only prepackaged snacks for donor refreshments.
- Social distancing is important and all of our blood donation environments have taken additional measures to increase space between donors during the donation process.
- All blood donation sites follow stringent cleaning and disinfection schedules for all equipment as well as commonly touched surfaces.
- Good hygiene practices are required by all KBC team members and visitors.
The need for blood does not stop.
SCHEDULE YOUR LIFESAVING APPOINTMENT TODAY!
Please bring photo ID and complete QuickPass online!
Download a PDF of this information here.