Are Blood Donation Sites Safe to Visit?
YES! Blood donation is an essential medical service and therefore, blood drives are not considered a mass gathering. As a healthcare organization, safety is our top priority!
- Kentucky Blood Center team members are reporting to work only if they are feeling well and healthy.
- Only healthy volunteers can be blood donors!
- We encourage blood donors to complete their health history questionnaire online before coming to the donor center by using QuickPass at kybloodcenter.org (on the day of donation). This reduces the donor’s time on-site and allows them to use their personal device.
- Blood donation appointments are preferred to help us manage the number of individuals at donation sites.
- KBC team members are required to wear masks. Masks are optional for donors.
- Hand sanitizer is available at every blood donation site.
- We use only prepackaged snacks for donor refreshments.
- Social distancing is important and all of our blood donation environments have taken additional measures to increase space between donors during the donation process.
- Team members disinfect donor beds and other surfaces between every donation.
- Good hygiene practices are required by all KBC team members and visitors.
The need for blood does not stop.
SCHEDULE YOUR LIFESAVING APPOINTMENT TODAY!
Please bring photo ID and complete QuickPass online!
Download a PDF of this information here.